By ordering products at our website, you accept our General Terms and Conditions, including our Privacy Statement. These General Terms and Conditions apply to purchases by individuals via the webshop.
General Terms and Conditions
Article 1 – Definitions
In these Terms and Conditions, the following terms shall have the meanings set out below:
- Entrepreneur: the natural or legal person providing distance products and/or services to Consumers;
- Consumer: the natural person not acting in the exercise of his/her profession or business and entering into a Distance Contract with the Entrepreneur;
- Distance Contract: a contract in which, up to the conclusion of the contract, exclusive use is made of one or more technologies of distance communication within the scope of the system organised by the Entrepreneur for distance sale of products and/or services;
- Technology of distance communication: means that can be used to conclude a contract, without the Consumer and Entrepreneur being in the same room;
- Cooling-off period: the period during which the Consumer may exercise the Right of Withdrawal;
- Right of withdrawal: the option for Consumers to withdraw from the Distance Contract within the cooling-off period;
- Day: calendar day;
- Continuing performance contract: a Distance Contract concerning a series of products and/or services, for which the offer and/or purchasing obligation is spread over a longer period;
- Long-term data carrier: any means that allow the Consumer or the Entrepreneur to store information directed to him/her personally in a way to make future consultation and unaltered reproduction of the stored information possible.
Article 2 - The Entrepreneur's Identity
Represented by Mrs A. Habraken - van Esdonk
Gedempte Zalmhaven 139
3011 BT Rotterdam, The Netherlands
(Please note: this is not a visiting address! Cardcetera is a webshop only.)
Chamber of Commerce number: 28113755
VAT number: NL1422.82.996.B01
Account number: NL89TRIO0197711596 under the name of Cardcetera, Rotterdam
Article 3 - Applicability
- These General Terms and Conditions apply to any offer from Cardcetera and to any Distance Contract concluded by the Entrepreneur and the Consumer.
- Before concluding a Distance Contract, the Entrepreneur shall make the text of these General Terms and Conditions available to the Consumer. If this is reasonably not possible, the Entrepreneur, before concluding the Distance Contract, shall notify the Consumer that the General Terms and Conditions can be inspected at the Entrepreneur´s.
- If the Distance Contract is concluded electronically, the text of these General Terms and Conditions, in deviation from the previous section and before the Distance Contract is concluded, may also be supplied to the Consumer electronically in such a way that the Consumer can easily store it on a Long-term Data Carrier. If this is reasonably not possible, it will be specified where the General Terms and Conditions can be viewed electronically before concluding the Distance Contract, and that they will be delivered at the Consumer's request free of charge via electronic means.
Article 4 - The Price
- All prices indicated in the provision of products or services are including VAT.
- Cardcetera reserves the right to change prices. Prices at the time of placing an order are valid throughout the buying process.
- Promotions are only valid in the stated period and as long as the product is available.
- At times where software or human errors for instance list products/offers with an obvious faulty price, Cardcetera reserves the rights to cancel the order.
Article 5 – Ordering, Payment and Delivery
- At Cardcetera, there is no minimum order amount.
- The delivery times stated by Cardcetera are indicative only. For the exact delivery time, Cardcetera depends on external parties. If the Consumer still has not received the order within a reasonable period of time, Cardcetera will investigate this further and come up with an appropriate solution. Determining how long a reasonable time is, depends on the country the Consumer lives in. The maximum delivery time is 30 days.
- If any delivery term is exceeded, the Consumer is not entitled to compensation, nor is he/she entitled to cancel the order or dissolve the agreement, unless the term is exceeded to such an extent that the Consumer cannot be reasonably expected to maintain the agreement. In that case, the Consumer will be entitled to cancel the order or dissolve the agreement to the extent necessary.
- The Entrepreneur accepts payments made via iDeal, PayPal, credit card as well as payments by wire transfer of the amount payable to the back account of the Entrepreneur.
- The Consumer has the duty to inform the Entrepreneur promptly of possible inaccuracies in the payment details that were given or specified.
- In case of non-payment on the part of the Consumer, and subject to legal restrictions, the Entrepreneur is entitled to charge any predetermined reasonable costs incurred to the Consumer.
- The order will be send to the Consumer within 5 working days / one week after receipt of payment. If, for whatever reason, this is not possible, Cardcetera will notify the Consumer directly.
- Any customs expenses at the expense of the Customer.
Article 6 - Packaging and Shipping Costs
- Cardcetera will charge a contribution in the packaging and shipping costs. Within the Netherlands, this is a fixed price. For shipments to foreign countries the price will be calculated on the basis of the weight of the consignment. This information will be communicated clearly within the ordering process.
- Cardcetera ships packages all over the world, but reserves the right to exclude countries.
Article 7 - Compliance and Warranty
- Cardcetera guarantees that the products and/or services comply with the contract, with the specifications listed in the offer, with reasonable requirements of usability and/or reliability and with the existing statutory provisions and/or government regulations on the day the contract was concluded.
- An arrangement offered as a guarantee by the Entrepreneur, Manufacturer or Importer shall not affect the rights and claims the Consumer may exercise against the Entrepreneur about a failure in the fulfilment of the Entrepreneur’s obligations based on the law and/or the Distance Contract.
Article 8 - Right of Withdrawal
- When purchasing products, the Consumer has the option to repudiate the contract without specifying any reasons for a period of fourteen days. This period starts on the day the product is received by or on behalf of the Consumer.
- During this period, the Consumer shall handle the product and the packaging with care. The Consumer shall only unpack or use the product to the extent necessary to judge whether he or she wishes to keep the product(s). If wishing to exercise the right of withdrawal, the Consumer shall return the product with all delivered accessories and, as far as reasonably possible, in the original condition and packaging to the Entrepreneur in conformity with the Entrepreneur´s reasonable and clear instructions.
- The Consumer should contact the Entrepreneur before returning the products. The Entrepreneur should then inform the Consumer as soon as possible about the way the products should be returned. After contacting the Entrepeneur, the Consumer has another fourteen days to send the purchased items back to the Entrepreneur.
- Should the Consumer exercise the right of withdrawal, only the returning costs are at the Consumer´s expense.
- If the Consumer has made a payment, Cardcetera shall return this amount as soon as possible, but within not more than fourteen days after the return or withdrawal.
Article 9 - Restriction Product Availability
- All items are available from stock. Cardcetera count its cards regularly and tries to keep the stock on its website up to date. It can however happen that an item is no longer available. If this happens, Cardcetera will contact the customer as soon as possible.
Article 10 – Force Majeure
- Without prejudice to her other rights, Cardcetera shall, in the case of force majeure, be entitled, at its option, to suspend execution of your order or rescind the agreement without court intervention, by informing you of this in writing and without Cardcetera being obliged to pay any compensation, unless, in the given circumstances, this would be unacceptable according to the principles of reasonableness and fairness.
- Force majeure shall mean any breach which cannot be attributed to Cardcetera, because it is not at fault, and for which it does not bear responsibility pursuant to law, acts intended to have legal effect or generally accepted standards.
Article 11 – Complaints Procedure
- If the order does not meet the Customers' demand, he/she can submit a complaint to the Entrepreneur. Complaints have to be submitted to Cardcetera as soon as possible after the Consumer has noted the defects. The description has to be as completely as possible.
- The complaints submitted with the Entrepreneur shall be replied within a period of 14 days after the date of receipt. Should a complaint demand a foreseeable longer time for handling, the Entrepreneur shall respond within 14 days with notice of receipt and an indication when the Consumer can expect a more detailed reply.
- Since February 2016, Consumers within the EU can also make a complaint known trough the ODR platform, maintained by the European Commission. This ODR platform can be found at http://ec.europa.eu/odr. As long as the complaint is not registered elsewhere, the Consumer can register it through this platform by the European Union.
Article 13 - Additional or Varying Provisions
- Additional provisions of and/or deviations from these General Terms and Conditions may not be to the Consumer’s detriment and must be put in writing or be recorded in such a way that the Consumer can store them in an accessible manner on a Long-Term Data Carrier.
Article 14 - Applicable Law and Competent Court
- All rights, obligations, offers, orders and agreements to which these General Conditions are applicable, are governed exclusively by Dutch law.
- All disputes between the parties will be referred exclusively to the competent court in the Netherlands.
Article 15 - Other Provisions
- It is prohibited to copy, publish, duplicate or otherwise use any text or images without the prior written consent of Cardcetera.
Copyright and Image Rights Webshop
All content included on this site, such as text, graphics, logos, button icons and images, is the property of Cardcetera or its content suppliers and protected by international copyright laws. This site or any portion of it may not be reproduced, duplicated, copied, sold, resold, visited, or otherwise exploited for any commercial purpose without the expressed written consent of Cardcetera.
This Privacy Statement is drawn up to make clear that we respect your privacy. Any personal information that you provide us is only used for the purpose of giving you the best possible information. In the ordering process, we ask you to share some contact details needed for processing your order and/or to respond to any inquiries you make online. Cardcetera uses this information to process your order with the utmost care and to offer you the best possible service. Unless Cardcetera has your expressed consent, we will not disclose your personal information to any third parties. We will not sell, rent or trade your personal information to others for marketing purposes without your expressed consent. We collect statistic data regarding the use of our webshop, such as sources, online traffic and other related information about our website. This information will not include any personally identifiable information.
E-Mail and Newsletter
Cardcetera will only send you e-mails if you ask for more information. We will also use your e-mail address to confirm your order/request and to respond to any inquiries you make online. When you subscribe to our newsletter you can be assured that your personal information and email address will not be sold, exchanged, or in any way shared with third parties. You can unsubscribe from our newsletter any time. For this purpose, we include a link in every newsletter.
By using the website, you consent that Cardcetera may collect and use your personal information in the manner set out in this Privacy Statement.